Editor: Sonja Chandler
Tel: 02 6230 3490 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accredited Editor 2014
GradDip in Professional Communication (Professional Writing) (University of Canberra); PhD (Genetics, Oregon State University); BSc (Biochemistry and Biophysics, Oregon State University)
- Editing—Scientific and technical editing, substantive/structural editing, copyediting and proofreading
- Other services—Writing and rewriting, research and fact checking, summarising
- Subject fields—Sciences (all disciplines), social sciences, agriculture, environment and sustainability and a range of general subject areas
- Media—Reports, academic writing (including journal papers), publications (fiction and non-fiction), fact sheets, books, articles
- editor for Navigating sustainability: measurement, evaluation and action, paper by CSIRO to support discussion by the World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on Measuring Sustainability, 2013 <csiro.au/measuring-sustainability>
- editor for Della Mortika – Voyage to the Antipodes by Geraldine F Martin, Vivid Publishing, Freemantle, 86pp, 2013 <vividpublishing.com.au/dellamortika/>
- editor/writer on the Mid-Term Review of the Australian Astronomy Decadal Plan 2006–2015, prepared by the National Committee for Astronomy of the Australian Academy of Science, July 2011 <http://www.science.org.au/sites/default/files/user-content/resources/file/astronomydecadalplan2011.pdf>
- co-writer for case studies of new rural industries included in Turning a good idea into a profitable venture: a guide to success for new rural industries and enterprises. RIRDC Publication No. 09/003. Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation, Canberra, Mar 2009 rirdc.infoservices.com.au/items/09-003>.
- writer for articles in The Helix and scientriffic published by CSIRO Education; topics include: trap-jaw ants, forensic science and the Australian Federal Police, millipedes, komodo dragons, flowering in plants, international arctic seed bank, tearless onions, sustainable farming, forensic soil science, kids and thongs, Antarctica, technology topics and orang-utans.
I enjoy the challenge of making complex information accessible to a wide audience. Having a broad science and general background allows me to write and edit for a variety of publication media for a variety of readers. Please contact me for a more complete editor/writer profile or to discuss your project’s editing requirements.