Editor: Elizabeth Manning Murphy
Elizabeth Manning Murphy and Associates (EMMA)
Tel: 0428 866 722 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BA(Hons) ANU Linguistics; Fellow, Commercial Education Society of Australia (FCES); Fellow, Society of Teachers in Business Education (UK) (FSBT); Associate Fellow, Australian Institute of Management (AFAIM); Distinguished Editor (DE) (IPEd award); Member, Society for Editors and Proofreaders, UK (SfEP); Member, Professional Editors’ Group, South Africa (PEG); Honorary Life Member, Canberra Society of Editors, 2013
- Editing—All levels of editing and proofreading; project management; non-fiction; document development; plain English
- Other services—Mentoring and training in effective writing, English grammar, plain English and editing; writing and rewriting; document design; assistance with English as a second language; desktop publishing; PowerPoint presentation design
- Subject fields—Academic, humanities, educational (tertiary), linguistics, English grammar, psychology, business, public information
- Media—Books, brochures, training and user manuals, house style guides, reports, journals, newsletters, voice scripts
Academic theses (PhD, Masters, Honours) and academic journal articles for students and academics in Australia, UK, USA and Japan.
- Consultations, lecturing and training in editing/writing/mentoring for the University of Antwerp (MA English course); the Professional Editors’ Group, South Africa; Australian Institute of Health & Welfare; various Societies of Editors in Australia
- Text editing, Attorney-General’s Department and other government agencies
- RAPlink Newsletter (editor), 2001-09
- RAAF Annual 2000-2005 (editor) (Department of Defence) (including style guide)
- Census 2001 (manual editing with client training) (Australian Bureau of Statistics).
Author of books on writing, editing and business including Working words (Canberra Society of Editors, 2011) Effective writing: plain English at work – 2nd edn (Lacuna Publishing, 2014); contributor to Text editing by K Van de Poel et al (University Press, Antwerp, 2012).
Joint national coordinator, CSE-initiated national mentoring program for editors, from 2013
40+ years of editing and writing with learning assistance; prompt; secure; Australia and international